59 Materials Needed:
About this Project
Scare up some fun with DIY crafts for the perfect kid-friendly Halloween party. Transform terra cotta clay pots into a wicked witch cupcake stand, villainous vampire, and adorably scary black cat.
Create your own, snap a picture, and share using #ACMooreInspired.
Witch Cupcake Stand:
1. Hat: Paint one 2-inch, 3-inch, 3.5-inch, and 4-inch clay pot black. Glue together with quick grip to form pointed hat shape.
2. Paint the 5-inch clay pot as the witches’ face and the 6-inch pot as her body (this pot will sit upside down). Glue head to body.
3. Hair: Cut (7) 18-inch long pieces of 1.5-inch wide orange ribbon. Cut (7) 9-inch pieces of floral wire and glue one wire down half of each piece of ribbon in the center. Fold the ribbon in half and secure with glue. (You will end up with ribbon that is 9-inches in length and has a wire down the center.) Roll up the folded edge in a curl.
4. Glue the (7) 9-inch ribbon pieces around the back of the witch's head by folding the ribbon over the edge. Create bangs by folding small pieces of ribbon in half and gluing along the front of the top, above the face.
5. Glue two 12-inch cake boards together for stability. Cover top with scrapbook paper and cover edge with 3/8-inch wide ribbon. Glue to top of head making sure to center it. Glue pointed part of hat to the center of the cake board.
1. Paint a 4-inch and 3.5-inch clay pot white. Paint the face on the 4-inch clay pot. Mix a small amount of red paint into white to make a pale pink color so the eyes stand out. Glue the head to the bottom of the 3.5-inch pot.
2. Cut strips of cheese cloth and wrap around mummy and glue in place.
1. Paint a 3.5-inch clay pot pale purple. Paint the rim and inside black to resemble hair. Add a triangle pointing down to form a widow’s peak. Paint the face.
On a 3-inch clay pot, paint the body of the vampire. Glue the head to the body with quick grip glue.
Cut a 3x4.5-inch rectangle of black felt. Glue around the neck of the vampire to form his cape.
1. Paint a 3-inch and 2-inch clay pot black. Paint the face onto the 3-inch pot. Glue head to body using quick grip glue.
Cut out 2 ears and 2 tails from black felt. Glue a piece of floral wire in between the two tails. Glue ears and tail onto cat.
Boo Crew Banner:
1. Cut out shapes from template on white, black, orange and yellow cardstock.
2. For the candy corn, adhere orange and yellow slices to the large white candy corn using Mod Podge. Let dry.
3. Punch holes into each shape. String each shape onto baker’s twine. Tie both ends and hang banner on wall.